Welcome to Stonehaven Bison Ranch….where the buffalo roam.
About the Recipe
Bison burgers hot of the charcoal grill are one of our favorite meat dishes. Best of all, when we mix and shape them, there's no fatty residue on our hands.
4 quarter-pound burgers| Active time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 11 minutes
- 1 lb ground bison
- 1.5 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon dried onions
- Light charcoal and let it get to high heat.
- Place all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and combine until mixed well.
- Form into patties and place over high heat on charcoal. Note in the picture above that Kevin does not have any grease residue on his hands after making the bison burger patties.
- Cook on one side for 3 minutes, then flip the burgers to cook on the other side for 3 minutes for a medium burger. The burgers at the right have no shrinkage after cooking.
- If you prefer your burgers well done, you may need to add more barbecue sauce to the mix to prevent the burgers from drying out.
- Add your favorite cheese to the burger shortly before removing it from the grill for a cheeseburger.